What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are saved on your PC to enable you to use our website easily and as you wish.
Cookies are only accepted by your web browser and saved on your computer if you allow this or if your browser is configured accordingly.
You can also use our website and make online purchases without cookies at any time. However, this means you will miss out on some helpful functions (e.g. "noting" articles in the shopping basket) that make our website easier for you to use as well as information and offers that are individually tailored to your interests
What data is saved by cookies?
The cookies used on our website
– save certain site settings (e.g. the language) on your PC to ensure that you do not have to re-enter them every time you visit the website
– save data that you have entered (e.g. articles in the shopping basket) on your PC to ensure that they are not lost whilst you visit another site
– anonymously measure how the website is being used (e.g. which pages and products are visited and viewed and how regularly this occurs) so we are able to even better tailor our offerings to the needs of our customers
What are the advantages of cookies?
You can use our website more easily and more how you wish when using cookies. With the aid of cookies, your PC will "note" which articles you have placed into the shopping basket for instance - even if you visit other pages in the meantime. Furthermore, you will see more articles that correspond to your previous purchasing patterns on the website. As a result, you will not have to search for long in order to find your favourite items and you won't miss any bargains.
How safe are cookies?
How can cookie settings be changed?
Internet browsers such as Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome offer you the opportunity to manage the saving of cookies on your PC:Firefox 14.0
1. Select "Settings" in the "Extras" menu.
2. Click on the "Privacy" tab.
3. Select "Create according to custom settings" in the drop down menu.
5. Confirm your entries by clicking on "OK".
Internet Explorer 9.0
1. Select "Internet Options" in the "Extras" menu.
2. Click on the "Privacy" tab.
3. You can now choose whether cookies should be accepted, selected or rejected.
4. Confirm your entries by clicking on "OK".
1. Click on the spanner located in the symbol bar of the browser.
2. Select "Settings".
3. Click on "Show Advanced Settings".
4. Click on "Content Settings" in the "Privacy" section.
5. In the "Cookies" area, you can now permit local data to be saved all of the time or just for the current session as well as block the saving of data, third-party cookies and website data and also the deletion of cookies upon closing the browser.
6. Confirm your entries by clicking on "OK".
We recommend that you permit cookies to be used in your browser to enable you to use our website as easily and individually as possible.
Which cookies does Peter Hahn use?
We use session cookies that only remain active for the duration of a visit to a page as well as cookies that are used for the long-term. The latter ensure that information that you have provided (e.g. articles in the shopping basket) are still present when you visit the page at a later date. Thanks to these cookies, we are able to address you personally and show you an individual product selection that is tailored to your previous purchasing pattern.
First party cookies and third party cookies are used on our website. The first party cookies from Peter Hahn permit you to use the website easily and in an individual manner and to make purchases in a particularly easy way in the online shop. The third party cookies from our advertising partners serve to primarily offer you articles that correspond to your personal interests.
The first party cookies make our website particularly easy to use. They do not save any personal data such as your name, address or payment information. You should accept the first party cookies in your browser if you want to use our website as comfortably and individually as possible.
Here is an overview of the first party cookies that we use:
Checks whether the customer has already visited the shop. In the event that the check is successful, articles that have been put in the shopping basket but not purchased will be placed into the shopping basket once again.
Checks whether the survey layer has already been displayed.
|Favorites||First||Saving of the "note" data if the visitor is not logged in via "my account". The cookie is not used if the visitor is logged in.|
Third Party Cookies
The third party cookies from our partner companies also do not save personal data.
By means of a User-ID, an evaluation of the articles you have viewed and the articles you have
purchased is performed using a pseudonym. The information obtained via the pseudonym enables
articles to be shown to you that primarily correspond to your individual interests.
hey are not linked with personal data. The temporary and permanent third party cookies are independently
deleted from your hard drive after a certain period of time. In the interests of an easy and individual usage of our website,
we recommend that you also permit the use of third party cookies in your browser.
Here is an overview of the third party cookies used:
|emos_session||Third||Checks whether the visitor already has an open session in order to prevent double tracking|
|emos_visitor||Third||Checks whether the visitor had already visited the page in order to prevent double tracking|
|test_cookie||Third||Checks whether the visitor has already visited other doubleclick.net pages in order to be able to assign the entries present there to them (for retargeting purposes)|